[radioastro] Re: [radiojove] Jupiter/Io-B on 24 October 2011

  • From: Victor Herrero <hubbleed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Whitham D. Reeve" <whitreeve@xxxxxxxxx>, Radio JOVE NASA GSFC <radiojove@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, red-radioastronomia-en-espanol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, radioastronomia-del-pescador-de-galaxias@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 23:48:27 -0700

re: This might be old news

I can assure you that data for a 5 day old event is not old news. Events
that are many years old are very carefully discussed in the literature.

Tha Nancay Decametric Array Archive contains detailed data for events that
are more than 20 years old. It starts on February 5 1991 for the Sun:
http://www.obs-nancay.fr/ql_routine_soleil/Blue-Red/1991/02/S910205.png
and September 18 1990 for Jupiter.

Here is a non-Io-A event on September 22 1990:
http://www.obs-nancay.fr/ql_routine_jupiter/Blue-Red/1990/09/J900922.png

Non-Io events are not a big surprise, they started a very long time ago.

I started observing the Sun with a 16 element interferometer at the
University of Uruguay in 1966, more than 45 years ago.

Old man Victor

Dr. Victor Herrero Ph.D. M.S. Ing.Ind.
Retired Radio Astronomer
Former Head of Systems Enginering VLA NRAO
Former Head of Telescope Operations VLA NRAO
http://herrero-radio-astronomy.blogspot.com/
http://herrero.freei.me/
//www.freelists.org/archive/radioastro/