[radioastro] Re: [Ballooning] Re: Research Balloon flights in Mexico

  • From: Victor Herrero <hubbleed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ballooning@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Arturo Garcia Cole <cole@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Enriquez, Miguel KD7RPP" <Miguel.Enriquez@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 17:43:20 -0700

My many thanks to:
Patrick Stoddard WD9EWK/VA7EWK  http://www.wd9ewk.net/
for his information.

I congratulate the Radio Club of the State of Guanajuato. They are doing a
wonderful job in their program of balloon flights !!

Their home page:
http://craeg.remtronic.com//index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1
has a great group picture.

It indicates their SARSEM-ICARUS III flight (the third in 3 years) will be
on November 19 2011, launching at 9 am Central Mexico Time, from Leon
Guanajuato:
http://g.co/maps/76hxc

They hope to reach 39 km ~ 130000 feet
Coverage diameter 1000 km
APRS map:  http://aprs.fi/?call=xe1crg-11
One QSO per station, report only: call sign - city - state
Repeater frequencies are listed
Contact: xe1brx at yahoo dot com dot mx

The left frame has links to 4 very nice pages with pictures and videos about
SARSEM-ICARUS I and II.

I look forward to following this flight
Many thanks to All for your help
Bravo Victor N7YBV