[racktables-users] Re: server enclosures + modular switches

  • From: Andrei-Florian Staicu <andrei.staicu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 13:08:44 +0300

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 12:48 PM, Murray Brydon <mbrydon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Have you looked in Configuration - Object container compatibility as
> you could add the switch module object type as a child of the Server
> Chassis?

Hi,

In the object container compatibility list, network switches can only have
as containers Management interface or Network chassis.
But it's not only about adding the switches to containers; it's about a
server chassis having a number of slots for switch modules (as it has for
server blades). I can live without having the switches rendered, but what
would be the final model?

Thanks