[racktables-users] ldap configuration not working

  • From: Allen Chan <allen.michael.chan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 14:41:40 -0800

Hi all,

Been tearing my hair out trying to get ldap authentication to work.
Using RackTables 0.20.10

The experience is the following:
I get login prompt
I enter my domain credentials
I get login prompt again
I turned off ldaps and see racktables server talking to domain controller and I
see successful binds and searches. I see nothing in the logs to tell me why the
login process is not working.
Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this? Tried it in multiple browsers

This is my secret config
$LDAP_options = array
(
   'server' => 'ldaps://hostname:636',
   'search_attr' => 'sAMAccountName',
   # testing using UID vs sAMAccountName
   #'search_attr' => 'uid',
   'search_dn' => ‘DC=company,DC=com',
   #   'search_bind_rdn' => 'ldap-unix',
   # test using full path to user
   'search_bind_rdn' => 'CN=ldap-unix,OU=Restricted,OU=Service
Accounts,OU=Users,OU=Enterprise,DC=company,DC=com',
   'search_bind_password' => ‘password',
   'displayname_attrs' => 'givenname sn',
   'options' => array (LDAP_OPT_PROTOCOL_VERSION => 3),
);

Thanks,
Allen Chan