[racktables-users] Re: Virtual Switches

  • From: Mahomed Hussein <Mahomed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 15:05:01 +0000

We've created one virtual switch for each vlan on each server and connected the
VMs to ports on the virtual switch (eg. ESX123-VSwitch-Vlan10). I don't think
you can connect more than 1 device to a port, regardless of the port type. I
believe Virtual Bridge describes the type of port that it is on the actual
switch, but doesn't mean you can connect more than 1 port to it in racktables.
I hope that helps.

Kind regards,

Mahomed Hussein
Senior Operations Engineer