[racktables-users] Re: Use of Interior

  • From: Jason Hamilton <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 22:57:48 -0400

The interior shows the width of a device or object in a standard depth rack. For instance, some of our switches are 3/4 depth and so two will not fit in the same U in both the front and the back; however, we are able to mount patch panel in the front and a switch in the back of the same U. Interior and Back shows that what is used by the switch and Front shows the mounted patch panel.

-Jason

On 05/05/2010 10:50 PM, Glenn Kelley wrote:
I have used it for a few different things - mainly the ups - sometimes just courtesy power on the rack - a wifi stick (like ubiquity nano stations) or something else that normally does not have a home in the rack.

* Glenn Kelley | Operations Director | Typo3USA | www.Typo3USA.com <http://www.Typo3USA.com> *
Ohio NOC | 317 South North Street | Washington CH OH 43160
*Skype Messenger*: vinehosting
Email: glenn@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:glenn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Phone: 740-490-8668
Pplease don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

On May 5, 2010, at 10:29 PM, Colin Coe wrote:

For us, interior is the UPS sitting on the floor at the bottom of each rack.

CC

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 10:21 AM, Gonzalo Servat <gservat@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:gservat@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Hi All,

I'm having trouble understanding what "interior" actually refers to.
In a rack, we normally have front and back. If possible, I'd like to
disable the 'interior' column from showing at all and just have
front/back, unless I can see where it might be useful to mount a
server using the 'interior' column?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Gonzalo