[racktables-users] Re: Todolist in racktables

  • From: Dean Hamstead <dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 09:16:58 +1000

Perhaps you should use a proper issue tracker? Bugzilla, rt, etc?

Dean

On 13/06/2010, at 6:44 AM, "H.E. Weenink | Eliveld Networks B.V." <h.e.weenink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:

Dear all,

Perhaps this is allready been done before, or some of you might have a workaround. This is my question.

We use racktables and are glad we have choosen it!
Now I try to use it for planning work in our racks. Replacement of servers/switches; making a todolist to work along.
But how to do this? Is there a way to do:
- what if situations, so I can plan: Server X goes from rack A to rack B. That way we may plan the structure of new rack and do actions one by one, uncheck them in Racktables and at end job done and racktables uptodate again? - Or just a simple todo list. I am trying to find something with using tags and objectlogs, but cannot find a nice trick yet.

All help is welcome, Regards, Eef