[racktables-users] Re: Simple HTML interface for API-based calls?

  • From: Michael Richardson <mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 14:20:13 -0400

    Ilya> Hi, RT folks!  Is it possible to get minimal UI without
    Ilya> navigation bar, tabbed UI, bells and whistles?  It would be
    Ilya> very useful for two purposes: 1) embedding RT forms into
    Ilya> frontend of high-level apps (billing etc.), 2) doing
    Ilya> API-to-API calls from high-level app to RT frontend, with
    >> I hacked this up for 3.6 at one point, exactly for this reason
    >> (embedding).  I can give you my work if you like.
    >>

    Ilya> Yes, of course, I'll be very glad.  Do you plan to publish
    Ilya> your work?  Where can I get it?

It's not very useful outside of where it was done.
It was done for a company's portal.  Company now defunct, but I still
have a copy....

Okay, here ya go:
      http://junk.sandelman.ca/junk/ticket.tgz

What's there... a series of Debian packages that we used to install on
our servers.  You want to look at:
    ./miscetc/etc/request-tracker3.6/RT_wrapped.pm
and ./miscetc/data/ticket/wrapped
and there might be a diversions file somewhere that is relevant to you.

The miscetc package is installed on all systems.
The ottawaX and fmt2-? packages contain the configuration files for
particular locations.  You will see passwords in these files... don't
worry, the (virtual) machines in questions are LONG since dead.

It would be great if you wrote up/blogged the result for others, as I
won't leave that file there.

] mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
                       then sign the petition.