[racktables-users] Re: SNMP Hack

  • From: Les Jones <lcjones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 10:53:17 -0400

Hi Denis,

Well, it worked partially in that it worked on several routers but not all of them. It did grab sys information which is what I really wanted. And as our interfaces change from time to time, that works for me. :) I would, however, like to get deeper into the SNMP portion of things in RackTables.

Thanks for the help!

Les
**

Denis Ovsienko wrote:
Hello.

From my point of view, there's a more natural way to allow SNMP data
miner process routers as well, and it is to adjust
trigger_snmpportfinder(). But what's more important, the mining
function needs to know the structure of hardware with particular OIDs.
The one for switches has to be rewritten to process data for routers
correctly, so I would be very surprised to see this mod working. Does
it work?