[racktables-users] Re: Q: fiber optics connectors

  • From: Aubin Galinotti <noxin.racktables@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 18:23:55 +0200

I use it, but if I'am the only one using it I can as well live without it
(using visible label as a commentary field)

Denis Ovsienko a écrit :
Hello, list.

Does anybody really use physical connector spec of an optical port type
(SC/LC/MR-RJ)? I would like to merge existing types by their coding
standard, e.g.:

LC/100Base-FX
MT-RJ/100Base-FX
SC/100Base-FX
100Base-FX

LC/1000Base-SX
SC/1000Base-SX
1000Base-SX

(and so on)

This would make implementation of GBIC/SFP/XFP modules support more
straightforward for me. If anybody is relying on existing data with
connector spec, let me know, that such data should be kept back.