[racktables-users] Port Label Search Patch

  • From: Stuart Low <stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 13:57:23 +1000

Heya,

We have started using RackTables internally for our own server tracking across
4 datacentres.

We've got a few special requirements that we're making mods to RackTables
directly to facilitate them. The first is a Port label search. This is
essentially an ability for us to search port labels of switches for hostnames
(something we put in the desc on our Cisco's). I've attached a patch which
includes port label searching in the default search.

More patches will be forthcoming with the most notable one an 'auto populator'
for Cisco switches that logs in, discovers all ports & discovers (via cdp)
interlinked ports then inserts all the relevant details directly into the
RackTables database.

Stuart

--
Systems Infrastructure Manager
iseek Communications Pty Ltd

This email is intended for the recipients only. If you have received this email
by mistake, please notify the sender by reply email, and then delete it without
reading, storing, forwarding or disclosing its contents. The contents of this
message and any attachments may be confidential. There is no warranty that this
email is free of errors or viruses. It may be a private communication, and if
so, does not represent the views of iseek Communications Pty Ltd.

Should you experience any difficulty launching any attachments, please contact
the sender.

All contents of this email and any attachments are subject to copyright.