[racktables-users] New to racktables. Question about vlan and gateways

  • From: Eduardo Diaz Comellas <ediaz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 22:56:16 +0200

Hi,

I've discovered Racktables a few days ago and I am really impressed. I've started to enter the information about racks, servers, switches, etc.

I really love to have all the information in the same place, organized and with change tracking.

I've got a question about 802.1q VLANs and how to introduce that information. I am confused about how to define switches, ports, vlans, etc. Is there any example?

I've also read that racktables can also configure the switch port. We have a mixture of Nortel, Cisco and Dell 6248 switches. I think that Cisco is supported for automatic discovery and configuration (https://wiki.racktables.org/index.php/Gateways) . What about Nortel and Dell? I would love to get them supported. If racktables can configure switch ports automatically, it would save me a lot of time, and help to delegate some work. Is there any info on how to create new gateways? Can I get this with a bounty?

Regards

--
Eduardo Diaz Comellas -- ediaz@xxxxxxxxxx
Ultreia Comunicaciones S.L.