[racktables-users] New feature request - Power management

  • From: "Boogaard van den, Mark / Kuehne + Nagel / Veg ZI-IC" <Mark.vandenBoogaard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 12:34:38 +0200

Hello,

I like to see a  new feature in RackTables.

I think the basics what RackTables can do at the moment is good, but we
also like to do some power management.

What we want is the following (I don't know if more people want the
same):

We have an UPS which has several power groups. We want to know which
server is on which power group.

We also like to see if a power group is full or if everything is
balanced correctly.

I think it is also nice to see which group contains which servers so if
we plan some maintenance if needed we now which servers are affected.

At the moment I created some attributes to fill in the power group
number and the power in watts what the device is using, but I cannot
manage the groups as I like to do it. I don't have a good overview.

Please let me know if this is a possible new feature.

Met vriendelijke groet / Best regards,

Mark van den Boogaard / VEG ZI-IC
NL IT Service Desk

Kuehne + Nagel Logistics B.V.