[racktables-users] Re: IP Import

  • From: Mark Frasa <mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 19:37:52 +0200
On 08 Jul 2014, at 18:05, Coles Adrian <mr.adrian.coles@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have a LOT of IP ranges that we have in Excel.
> Is there a simple way to import these to Racktables or are we looking at
> having to site any type in each entry?
>
> Regards
>
> Adrian

Depending on the amount you could consider writing your own (php) script, which
in turn could use racktables defined functions.

Specifically i am pointing at the function: createIPv4Prefix from database.php.
This takes a $range (x.x.x.x/x) and $name as arguments.
For a starting point please refer to:

 - http://wiki.racktables.org/index.php/RackTablesDevelGuide#API

Regards,
Mark.