[racktables-users] Re: I added an ObjectType (NAS) - How do I assign an IP address to it?

  • From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 09:19:40 +0000

On 2012-11-28 08:40, Olivier GOURBIL wrote:
> To add it: (to PDU in this example)
>
> 1- You first need to know the ID of the object type PDU: open the view of a
> PDU object you've already created, then just leave the cursor on PDU
> (object type line).
> On the bottom of your browser appear the description of the object,
> finishing by {$typeid_2}, which is the ID for PDU object
> 2- Go to Main/Configuration/User Interface, open the change tab
> 3- Insert "{$typeid_2} or " in the "List source: IPv4-enabled objects"

Consider replacing this with "true". I have very few objects which *don't*
have IPv4 addresses. I don't mind seeing an IPv4 tag on shelves and spacers.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"By definition ... alternative medicine ... has either not been proved to
work, or has been proved not to work. You know what they call alternative