[racktables-users] Example/demo data - Virtual Resources?

  • From: K L <kl.forwarder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 15:27:32 +0100

All,

I installed RackTables today and have been filling the DB for a few hours
now. Looks (very!) good so far. Very flexible and all.

The demo on your site has been very useful in figuring out what to put
where exactly. I do have some questions about the Virtual Resources. They
don't have example data, which would be quite useful. I'd like to know:

   1. Should I attach VM's to a cluster or host? VM's move, so I am
   guessing Cluster.
   2. How do virtual switches work in RackTables?
   3. What is the purpose of the "Resource Pool" object? Disks et cetera?
   4. What is a good way to do port numbering on vswitches?

I am thinking these questions can be answered with example data.

--
Thanks,
kl