[racktables-users] Re: Change object type attribute

  • From: Lucas Aimaretto <laimaretto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 19:02:10 -0300

Hi Cameron,

In order to change the object type from "type1" to "other_type", the
attributes of the object of type1 must be compatible with the new
type.

For example. let's say you have an attribute that only exists for
objects of type1 and such an attribute has been assigned, you first
need to unset it before being able to change the type of an object.

I hope this helps!

Lucas

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 6:34 PM, Cameron Smith <cameron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I assigned an object type of Network switch to a Force10 C300 and I want to
change it to Network Chassis but in properties for that object that
attribute is not editable. What should I change to allow that to be edited?

Cameron

--
"Antes teníamos hambre y mirábamos el reloj para saber qué hora era.
Ahora miramos el reloj para saber si tenemos hambre." -- Ernesto