[racktables-users] Change numbering order in rack

  • From: Oyvind Ellefsen <oyvind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 21:44:39 +0200

Hi!

I've got 16 shiny new Panduit racks for my lab, and wanted to use RackTables to keep track of the kit and cabling in there.
The software works fine, and I'm happy to have found it. Looks very useful!

I have one question - how can I change the numbering in the rack to start from the top? My racks are labeled starting from the top, instead from the bottom that seems to be default in Racktables. I believe ticket 37 in Trac might be the same feature request?

I've poked around in the source, and there seem to be a field defining if the first unit is bottom, but I cannot find any way of setting this except hardcoding it in the database.php file. Some of the functions like render atom will also need to check for this field. I might be able to hack it for my own use, but I'm not a PHP programmer, and you would not want my ugly hacks commited to the code :-)

Is there any progress on this feature?

Best regards,
Oyvind Ellefsen