[racktables-users] Re: Bulk attribute update?

  • From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 20:50:19 +0100

On 2012-08-17 17:54, Todd D. Taft wrote:
> Is there any way in racktables to do a bulk attribute update?  I'm looking
> for a way to update fields such as "HW warranty expiration" on multiple
> systems without having to go into each machine's object page one at a time.

No, there isn't. But phpmyadmin is pretty handy at times like this. See the
"AttributeValue" table.

Be aware that this field is a "date" field, meaning it is stored in three
fields: as text, as a uint, and as a float. If you want several servers to
all have the same value, edit one in Racktables, then use MySQL to clone
those values to the others.

Regards,
Tyler

--
""Each man must for himself alone decide what is right and what is wrong,
which course is patriotic and which isn't. You cannot shirk this and be