[racktables-users] Re: Addon Functionality and Dynamic function calls

  • From: Denis Ovsienko <infrastation@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 14:31:11 +0300

> Don't worry I decided id screwed my install majorly so upgraded to 1.7.9 from
> 1.7.8 to resolve it then reapplied my plug-in branch which broke it again.
>
>  Then rewrote the form and reposted it all manually and that's how I found it
> eventually.  Having stared at it closely a few times.  It very hard to see
> what's not there (Blank Lines)

I often see people running into issues with such newlines, especially wrt rack
thumbnails. However, I cannot offer a good advice except keeping all files in
working format.

When a trailing newline is added to a file, which belongs to release tar.gz, it
is easy to find it: unpack the tar.gz into a temporary directory and compare
two directories with "diff -ur racktables-orig/ racktables-my/".

--
    Denis Ovsienko