[racktables-users] Re: About keepalived

  • From: Denis Ovsienko <infrastation@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 13:48:40 +0300

>  I have been using RackTables for a while now, and starting to put more
>  and more into the system.. but now im wondering what the keepalived
>  stuff is for..
>
>  I seems to be something for the Load balancing module, but im not quite
>  sure, can anybody help me with some information of what this is for? Or
>  point me to some documentation about it, now even googling for the
>  answer helped me :(

The SLB code was an attempt to design a generic structure, which could provide
data for vendor-specific config generators. These configs in theory could be
used by different load balancing devices. Existing code is a complete, working
implementation, but (as long as it was a sponsored feature) for just one vendor
-- Linux keepalived. There is no meaningful documentation for SLB in
RackTables, but you can figure out something from the demo configuration.

Other than that, this code is stable and there is at least one place, where it
is used in everyday work.

--
    Denis Ovsienko