Re: Seemingly simple question

  • From: rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 08:05:54 -0400

Obviously ... we got some experience with RAC, been running since 901 (well
in those days it was more like trying to run). The tnsnames is configured
correctly.
There are no errors, but the process which inserts and selects again
(apprently in same session) to retrieve a schedule id, get no data back
(no_data_found). You attempt it again, it works fine. But that isn't
expected. for the heck we had them introduce a 0.3 (random draw from hat)
second delay between select and subsequent insert. It worked. But
introducing delay isn't favored. middle tier (m-queue) had 10 sessions to
the db when it starts connected to both sides, java app uses one of these 10
sessions to do its work.

Raj