RAC Re: Interconnect

  • From: "Hameed, Amir" <Amir.Hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Alex Gorbachev" <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 22:16:33 -0500

Oracle is not keen on VERITAS because of the obvious reason; it wants
people to use ONLY those products that it offers; Larry's Hat is the
latest example. I used DBE/AC for 9i RAC extensively for over 1.5 years.
We had a three-node RAC environment supporting the multi-tier 11i
(11.5.9) architecture on three Sunfire 15k domains, using four giga-bit
interconnects, etc.The environment was a copy of production; it was a
pretty large and complex environment. We ran full-blown production loads
against the environment when testing RAC using load-runner for several
months. We did not experience any issues with LLT. The shipping and
receiving times of buffers from the statspack report never indicated any
issues. I would like to mention here that our performance consultant for
this project was Steve Adams. As for the support, you will find all
sorts of people in support. I have seen some very lousy support from
Oracle at times and when the issue got escalated to the right person,
the support was excellent. Same goes for VERITAS, Sun, EMC, etc. We know
the right folks at VERITAS and we engage them directly through our
account manager.