[qudi-dev] ODMR/Microwave changes

  • From: nikolas.tomek@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: qudi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2017 17:53:47 +0200

Hello everyone,

I just opened a pull request on GitHub that will bring quite a lot of changes for the whole "ODMR toolchain".

The hook for those changes was the fact that half of the microwave devices in qudi was not properly implemented to avoid confusion between CW, List and Sweep mode (on a device level) when changing between them. The reason for that behaviour was a microwave interface that had no clear direction in that sense. This probably is a result from a more or less direct port from pre-qudi times.

For more details please have a look at:
https://github.com/Ulm-IQO/qudi/pull/211

Please check out this branch and briefly test the microwave output in cw and list/sweep mode with a spectrum analyzer on your setup. (should be only 10 min of your time)
I already did some testing but could not test the list/sweep mode on all devices.

Also if you are somehow involved with Agilent, SMR20 or srssg microwave devices which we don't have here you need to adapt them to the new microwave_interface.

Cheers
Nikolas

--
Nikolas Tomek