[ql06] RE: [ql06] PUBLIC: Historic SCC court win for Métis

  • From: "Ken Campbell" <2kc16@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ql06@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 05:40:45 -0500

I meant to post this quite some time ago, but it somehow slipped through
the cracks in my brains.

(Write about it on QL06 News, they will come to you...)

I think it will be fascinating to hear her talk about the actual process
more than the decision -- how she connected to it, the uncertainty of
getting a case there, the anxiety, how she financed her time, things
like that.

Ken.

--
Happiness is an imaginary condition, formerly attributed
by the living to the dead, now usually attributed by

--- cut here ---

Assistant Dean Ann Tierney wrote:

    Dear First Year Students and First Year Small Section
    teachers,

    Thank you for your participation in the fall term FYRP
    plenary sessions.  We will have 2 winter term plenary
    sessions as well.  I am pleased to advise that the first
    one will be on January 19 from 1:00 to 2:30 when we will
    have Jean Teillet visit the law school.  Ms Teillet was
    counsel in the recent SCC case involving Métis rights
    (Powley).  She will speak about her experiences in law
    school and the profession as well as talk about
    Aboriginal rights, Métis issues and the Powley case.

[ ... ]