[ql06] Re: CONSTITUTION: Zundel Argues Charter Rights Violated

  • From: Mark Fathers <Mark.Fathers@xxxxxx>
  • To: ql06@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 12:45:01 -0500

And so it should heat up,

these security certificates allow for good
intentioned people to trample all over our charter
rights. Zundel is not the only one held under these
certificates.

We cannot allow the crown to arbitratrly decide who
is a threat.
Securiuty issues are incredibly complex - expecially
with todays asymetric threat - but if we allow
certificates to exist without a time expiry or some
additional control are we any better that a third
world dictatorship?

I am surprised that Zundel is only the first to
challenge the legislation (which in my humble
opinion  cannot withstand Charter scrunity).  There
isn't even a notwithstanding clause..

We need more challenges against this legislation.

Mark