[pythonvis] Re: Suggestion for presenting sample code in email messages

  • From: "Richard Dinger" <rrdinger@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pythonvis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 19:25:38 -0700

Hi Sharon,

You are right, it needs to be clear.

So you want code introduced like this:

print 'a line of code'

And then just continue discussion like this.

Or is something more obvious clearer. Introduce code like this:
----

print 'a line of code'

---
And continue blah blah blah.

Also, if we can send attachments to the list, that is a good way to send anything substantial.

Richard

-----Original Message----- From: Sharon Hooley
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2014 5:48 PM
To: Pythonvis
Subject: [pythonvis] Suggestion for presenting sample code in email messages

Hi all,

I have a suggesttion for when you want to write code in our messages. I think I would understand it easier if you put a colon when you're about to put the code, then skip a line so that it will have its own area. When done, skip another line and continue your message. I got a little confused in the how to get started message.

hth

Sent from my iPhone