[pythonvis] Substitute Moderator

  • From: "Jeffrey Thompson" <jthomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pythonvis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 May 2014 12:52:45 -0400

To scholars of Python:

                I will be substituting for Jeff Turner (JDog is his online
name.).

                He most likely will be available for future meetings.

Our next meeting of the Python learning group will be

tonight. The link is:

out-of-sight.net

at learn Center, which is a conference room  within

www.out-of-sight.net website.

This is the same place

Our previous meetings have been held.

The meeting is geared for beginners,

but we also value more experienced programmers to help answer questions.

                The meeting time is 7p.m. EST.

I have been told that is 23:00 UTC time.

                To enter the chat room, you MUST! become a member of the

out-of-sight community.

Registration is fairly straightforward, and free.

                out-of-sight.net is target for the visually impaired.

You can read the privacy policies, etc.

and press a button to indicate acknowledge said policies.

After you complete the steps to apply,

There will be an email in your mail box giving you a password.

You must use this password to sign in

There is a way to change your password if you want to.

It took me a little while to figure it out,

So I would plan on using 30 minutes to accomplish signing up.

some  people will need less time,

others may take more time.

                So if it takes you a little longer, don't sweat it.

                I took awhile, and I am knowledgeable about python,

even though I only have been programming it professionly for about 9 months
in total.

I learned it step by step and I can program now just about anythin in
Python.

                So, you don't have to accomplish it all in one or two days.

I learned it slowly.

                I could tell the difference when I went back to my first
programs in Python as compared to my current skill and knowledge.

And No, I don't know everything.

                I have a lot more to learn.

I have already learned stuff I didn't know by reading this mailing list, for
example, I learned about portable py from this mailing list.

                If you are having trouble signing up please post to this
list for help.

                We welcome everyone!

                Jet (Jeffrey Thompson)