[pythonvis] Re: My box drawing program, finally!

  • From: "Richard Dinger" <rrdinger@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pythonvis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 14:28:05 -0700

The '|' is shift '\' on my keyboard.

-----Original Message----- From: Sharon Hooley
Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2014 2:03 PM
To: pythonvis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [pythonvis] Re: My box drawing program, finally!

How do you make the bars for the sides?  Thanks for providing this exercise.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 18, 2014, at 2:45 PM, Richard Dinger <rrdinger@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Congratulations JDog, the first complete program on the list.

And it works--well done!

Richard

-----Original Message----- From: Jeffrey Turner Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2014 1:21 PM To: pythonvis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [pythonvis] My box drawing program, finally!
This is very simple and rudimentary, but I had fun writing it.

JDog

""" This program will draw a box according to width and height specs
provided by the user"""

print "I will now draw a box for you, with pretty plus signs for the
corners, "
print "dashes for the top and bottom, and bars for the sides."
print
width = input("How wide would you like the box to be?")
print
height = input("How high would you like the box to be?")
corner = "+"
dashes = width*"-"
indent = " "*3
bar = "|"
spaces = " "*width
print
top = bottom = indent+corner+dashes+corner
print top sides = indent+bar+spaces+bar
count = height
while count >= 1:
print sides
count = count-1
print bottom
print
print "OK, here is your", width, "by", height, "box."
print "Thank you for doing business with the marvelous JDog."