[python] website

  • From: Dirk Bonne <dirk_bonne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 12:35:15 +0100

On 11/14/2005 11:57 AM, Jürgen Mages wrote:

> I am already afraid that I have to close my site because of
> the heavy traffic. At least I´ll have to remove the videos soon.

It would be really a loss if you would close down the site!!!

Although I have no real experience with this I think it seems simple
enough to lessen the load just prefix your URL of the videos with a free
cache like

    http://www.coralcdn.org/

For example you could change the link to the movie to Marc to:

http://www.python-lowracer.de.nyud.net:8090/pics/The_Worm_by_Marc_Huebner.avi

(notice the nyud.net:8090). I have changed that on my site to now too,
so I hope to have less load too (May be you could also change that for
my video).

Dirk