[python] third ride

  • From: mchannon <mchannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 12:27:35 -0500

Hello fellow listers

At 09:11 PM 3/27/04 +0100, Jürgen  wrote:
>Sorry for your thumb. I feel a little responsible ;-)
>
>Handle bars may help in the beginning. I have learnt
>the airbike and the flevo by using handle bars.
>
>snip<
>Anyway, the best thing is to ride totally relaxed and
>not more than 2 x 1 hour per day during the first week.
>
>Good luck furtheron,
>
>Jürgen.

I'm back from my third ride on my python.  No injuries this time!  (Jürgen,
don't feel responsible for the thumb...what actually happened was that I
caught a boot lace on the crank! That sent me out of control. My stupidity
;-() I kept todays ride a little shorter in time.  I can tell from the
feelings in my legs that riding the python is using different muscles, must
be the steering ones.

At first I was not having success, then suddenly something clicked and I was
riding as well as the best time during my second ride.  I made several rides
in the 20 to 30 meter range with a feeling of control.

I did notice an improvement in control when I placed my foot on the outer
two thirds of the platform pedals, rather than having my foot centered on
the pedals.

I'm going to add brakes and gears before my next ride. They will be mounted
on a handle bar as that looks like the most convenient way to mount them.
I'll post a picture when the installation is completed.

Regards,

Mike Channon
London, Ontario, Canada