[python] Re: the "stokid python" video

  • From: Dirk Bonné <dirk.bonne@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 14:19:35 +0200

Hi Paul

I have aded the obligatory youtube video, which gives a glimpse of the stokid handling:

    http://youtu.be/Jovnjd0YVHo

There is interference from the stokid to the captain. Effectively it makes the ride is less precise, compared to e.g. the pythoon where I could ride on a knives edge. The imprecision isn't to bad and acceptable. It also depends what the stokid is doing. If he decides to stand up and pedal I can feel more. Once he was fighting some monsters using karate punches and still I had a decent control over the bike.

My son weighs about 20kg and I little more than 90kg - I working on it to get the weight distribution better again ;-)

Dirk

On 03.10.2011 22:07, Paul Cartwright wrote:
Dirk,
I like the tandem python you have created!  It looks like your son can easily see over your head when you are riding, which is a great reason to have him more in the upright position . . .
How much do you and your son each weigh, and how does the bike handle with both of you?
Paul

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 4:49 AM, Uipko Berghuis <uipko.berghuis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Dirk,

Very nice bike! It's a bit like the pino from hase.

Why did you chose for a upright and not a recumbent position for your son?

Cheers,
Uipko

============================================================ This is the Python Mailinglist //www.freelists.org/list/python Listmaster: Jurgen Mages jmages@xxxxxx To unsubscribe send an empty mail to python-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the subject field. ============================================================