[python] Re: question about pivot angle - 63-65 degrees

  • From: mtzolo@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 12:54:57 +0200

Hi

* sorry, in the video the "sirio" trike is the second one! the number
2! ("a combination of steering and leaning (leaning of the seat).")
* in that video the steering goes straight (when sitting on the bike
and doing nothing) because of the fact that
1 - the seat is under the steering axle
2 - the steering axle itself is inclined
I think for both of that reasons (am I right or wrong?)

From that considerations my questions: how much COULD BE the steering
axle? (that is the same of pivot axle) 40°? 65°?

Because, unlike python where the seat is a single blok with rear frame
(seat is rear frame) and there is only a point linking rear and front
frame (the pivot), in my case the seat "is" front frame, and it is not
so easy to find a good combination of
1 steering axle
2 inclinations of seat
for the fact that here there are 2 linking from front and rear frame,
and they affect the inclination of the seat, changing the trike from a
city-trike to race-trike...

I enclose some drafts hoping they'll help.
* there are 2 square (behind the head and under the seat), it is
supposed that they should be 2 silent block, in the middle of which
the steering axis goes through;
* the draft is not completed, anyway there is a rear frame and a front
frame (the seat is part of front frame) and the couple of silent block
are the (only) con