[python] Re: python stability, again...

  • From: mtb@xxxxxxx
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 10:19:57 -0800

Hi Dirk,

At 01:44 AM 10/31/2005, you wrote:

>> At large trail numbers, self-stability seems less sensitive to pivot
>> angle than other factors. If the pivot angle lessens the trail, that
>> is a bigger effect.
>> Unfortunately, the program does not model how the bikes "feel" in the
>> general sense...
>>
>> I tried to model Dirk's 20", and it seems it can be close to self
>> stable with some reasonable, small, pivot input from the rider
>> (torsional K in the model).
>
>But the self stability seems to be only on 34km/h. Would that actually
>also mean that from this speed onwards there is another effect (whcih
>one?) active that makes bike handling different?

I'm a bit leery of the results, as they depend on some negative torsion about
the pivot for the python. I can't say how the body's real response corresponds
to K, but it seems that it must to some degree because our bikes are ridable!

>> I want to mount my vid camera on my back rack tomorrow for a weekend
>> ride. We'll see...
>> Vids are also now in the Internet archive:
>> http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=python%20recumbent
>> I also just noticed the a Google search for recumbent+python puts my
>> page on top! http://www.google.com/search?q=recumbent+python
>
>I think its much dependant on when google spiders last hit the webpages.
>And probably it helps a lot that your page is a no frills page?

For Google it seems that it does

>I just
>tried it to go to your website, and it was second now. The video is now
>first!

It is still first for me. Most people think that Google tracks your searches in
many ways. If you have cookies on and always use the same IP number, they will
build a profile of your searches and click-throughs and taylor the results! I
just read yesterday that they have 2x the ad "relevance" of Yahoo! for that
reason.

Thanks,
Ray

--