[python] python 26/20

  • From: "Henk van Eerden" <h.vaneerden@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 15:17:08 +0200

Hello, dear pythonriders,

The "python trike" is rebuild to the original two-wheeler form. Riding the
trike was fun (sliding when cornering at speed near to 30 kph), but speed over
30 kph was hard to reach and hold.
Now riding the python as it was ment to be. Building time was about 10 weeks
(estimate 60 hours).
I used a 7-speed hub gear i found in my "to-be-re-used-box". Maybe not as fast
as a chain-gear, but with the ability to change gear at the traffic-light.
Riding the bike took me about 15 min ( not by talent but because the
trikeversion was very instable by using a second pivot). The two-wheeler
appears to be less instable, and except for cornering i feel reasonable
comfortable now.

Will spent next weeks getting more experience and feeling comfortable enough
for riding in heavy traffic.

Piviot Angle: 68
Seat height: 30
Ground Clearance: 11 cm
Wheelbase: 124 cm
Weight: 16 kg
BB-FWA: 43 cm
BB-EOS: 32 cm
Tubing: center: 30x30x1,5 mm, front: 40 x 20 x 1,5 mm
Wheel size: 20", 26" (MTB wheel)
Inseam lenth: 68 cm

In the meantime will spent some time in modifications, like: using 20"
rearfork, changing wheelbase to 100 cm, using suspension, thinking about a easy
way to switch between single-rearend and trike-rearend.

Greetings, and good riding to you all.

henk van eerden.