[python] Re: pix Columbus python coiled and uncoiled

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 12:22:33 +0200

Thanks Frank,

the folding capabilities of your python are amazing.
If you don´t mind, I´ll show them on my website.

If you manage to make the rear wheel turnable when
folded (e.g. with a spacer) then you can roll the folded
package instead of carrying it.

Also the seat is interesting. A good mixture of foldable
and rigid. Might be interesting to Olaf.

The chainline seems rather short and I wonder if you can
use all gears.

A good idea is the fender piece for the front wheel. Looks
elegant and fairly efficient, though it probably will not
protect you from fine dust.

But I am often surprized by sudden instability and have
to make a controled landing.

This sudden instability seems typical for the learning phase ;-) Especially when you try to go faster. But it should disappear with the practice.

Do you think turning the back forks over to get the pivot back
to 67 degrees will make the bike any more stable?

The stability issue of the pivot angle is still somewhat dubious to me. More effect has the seat height and the seat back angle. Most of the problems can be overcome by practicing.

Good support but it is a little klunky. I'm still thinking
about how to rework it.

Lumbal support is great and some foam might help you. The drawback of high seat back angles is that your butt might get numb by the time.

Thank you for sharing your python with all of us.

Thanks for sharing your experience and photos ;-)

I have had such a good time dreaming, building, and now almost
riding this unique bike. I feel like a boy again even though I'll soon
celibrate my 63rd birthday.

!!!

Good luck Frank,
hoping to hear more from you,