[python] "long" ride in traffic yesterday

  • From: "Torben Scheel" <torben@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 09:54:13 +0200

I went for a 2*21km ride last night - to Leitra and back. Bikepaths for
about 2*3km, 2*3km city roads and the rest country roads. I was kinda
nervous and flickery for the first 21km, but the return trip went a lot
better. Coasting is not much above 30km/h estimated, but it's getting
better. Pushing with both feets and a solid grip on the bars helps me -
the grip on the bars improves the seat contact - especially when the
tarmac isn't all smooth.

The control is a lot better when i'm pedalling, but still i think 35km/h
is my safety limit.

The average speed must have been around 25km/h - not too bad, but not
close to what I hoped for when I built it like a racer. Maybe when the
confidence goes up - there is a lot of speed potential hidden in the
sizzling monster.

I'm kind og proud of my long ride on public roads, so please bare with me :-)

Cheers,
Torben