[python] Re: frame finished

  • From: "brechtix" <brecht.vandeputte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 23:41:47 +0200

This bike is so simple and elegant. I'm sure it won't be long before
someone makes a sub 10kg python.

A question about the rear suspension: do I understand correctly that the
smaller tube only has 5-6 mm of freedom? What's the possible travel of
the rear wheel then?

I'm curious about Eduardo's experiment with a passive suspension. (PICS,
PICS !!)

Jürgen, can you compare speed & comfort to 'classic' fixed bottom
bracket bikes? I wonder how much energy, if any, it takes to keep your
balance. There's an experienced Flevo Racer rider in our recumbent group
and it certainly doesn't slow him down, so I guess it's not a big deal.
Might be a surprising question, but after a day's ride on the trike I
feel the difference of not having this little brain zone working. And
since I ride recumbents because I'm too restless to meditate, it matters
:-)

Quite mindless tonight after a great speed ride in the Alleweder,

Brecht - Not making it to Spezi this year.