[python] Re: centering

  • From: "25hz" <25hz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 22:44:12 -0400

I liked the pivot fairly free and smooth.  To me, it helped me make the very
small, and quick corrections you mentioned and, I think, helps in the
learning process.  I think a "heavy" feel to aide self centering is
different than a "stiff" feel, which makes sticky steering.  Marcel, on the
other hand, liked the steering to be stiff.  He didn't like the feel of my
python - said it felt too "light" or "twitchy".  The steering on the PC2 had
a "heavy" self centering feel due to the pivot angle, but the steering was
free and smooth.  4 people learned to ride the python in less than 10
minutes each.

The PC2 is back to two wheeled mode, and I've painted it and cleaned it up.
I'll post a link to final pictures and stats.