[python] Re: Yellow Submarine

  • From: "daryl bender" <darylbender@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 06:58:49 -0400

Hi

This is indeed a most interesting bike. I note he appears to have two sets of brakes at the back. Rim brakes on the rim and a disk brake at the hub. I assume the disk brake is what activates the raising of the seat via the cable while the former is intended for stopping.

The front pivot looks delicate and appears to be utilizing rod ends much like the front wheel suspension on a car. Not sure what the springs are for. It appears to be steered by the bars acting on a linkage above the pivot. Also not sure what that bottom linkage is beside the front tire but it appears to have several (adjustable) attach points.

It has a wonderful light airy look to it. I would love to see plans or at least be included on any new info found. Even some photos concentrating in that middle section.

Thanks
Daryl - I see theres a HP Velotechnik fan in there too with his "Moonbiker" T shirt

From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [python] Re: Variable pivot angle
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 23:21:40 +0200

Do you have more pics of this bike? I am very interested!

Frame design, energy recuperation, seat rising?

The info available:
Uwe studied at the FH-Darmstadt. The mail of his brother
is hartmut.carstensXXXXarcor.de (XXXX=>@)

Tell us when you found out how the bike works and how it
is steered ;-)

http://www.python-lowracer.de/doc/Yellow%20Submachine%20von%20Uwe%20Carstens%20(10).JPG
http://www.python-lowracer.de/doc/Yellow%20Submachine%20von%20Uwe%20Carstens%20(5).jpg
http://www.python-lowracer.de/doc/Yellow%20Submachine%20von%20Uwe%20Carstens%20(6).jpg
http://www.python-lowracer.de/doc/Yellow%20Submachine%20von%20Uwe%20Carstens%20(7).jpg
http://www.python-lowracer.de/doc/Yellow%20Submachine%20von%20Uwe%20Carstens%20(8).jpg
http://www.python-lowracer.de/doc/Yellow%20Submachine%20von%20Uwe%20Carstens%20(9).jpg

Take advantage of powerful junk e-mail filters built on patented Microsoft® SmartScreen Technology. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.