[python] Tire size and handling

  • From: Michael Rienstra <ageless@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 14:22:56 -0700

Eduardo,

Thanks for the info! I've already read everything you've written online (well, everything on the Python site, mailing list archives, and your website), and I hope to someday come close to being your equal in the design and fabrication of recumbents.

However, I'm not sure that 25-559 tires are the way to go for me. Because there are so few experienced Python pilots, I've decided to make my first Python as similar to Jürgen's as possible. For all I know, a Python with skinny tires could be very difficult for me to learn to ride.

So I've been trying to figure out how to fit Jürgen's Python design to my legs with the minimum number of modifications. Hopefully I'll learn to ride it and then I'd like to design my own variation on the Python. Like many Python people, I have 101 ideas for the Python. But it would be a shame if I ended up not being able to ride it.

Michael