[python] Re: Sv: Re: Sv: Re: gyro forces

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 16:46:58 +0200

Watch "Jack Castor's Epic Downhill Crash!!"
http://www.bikeroute.com/jacksCrashclip.avi
44 MB - is it worth the download?

yes but only if you can spend the download time making something
useful like hugging your wife or so

the clip is about a man that rides downhill on his penny farthing, he
has his legs in racing position - they hang over the handle bar. He
picks up more and more speed and the solid tyre starts to throw off
from the rim thanks to the gyroscopic force, until it completely falls
off the rim. Tyre and bicycle goes in separate directions and at last
also rider and bicycle take farewell from each other

Ouchie - I watched it and its surely worth the download.

Presuming that the posts are 50 m apart he was coasting at approx.
60 km/h when he fell. This guy has pretty good reflexes and he
was lucky that the truck passed by some seconds earlier.

The bike seemed fairly unstable coasting at that speed. The
wobbling is clearly visible.

Rumours said that you are currently building a 12" micro python?

like any sincerely mad scientist I will neither confirm or deny
rumours like that

got you ;-)

but believe it or not there are now a bunch of people who asked if i
can build them Montys!

Time to start a bussiness.