[python] Speculoos Recumbent HPV de Laurent Dechenne

  • From: Ghislain Pillet <gh.pillet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 10:02:22 +0100

Hi Ray,

About Laurent's speculoos : here is my translation of extract from a forum (http://velorizontal.bbfr.net/ftopic306.traction-avant- directe.htm)

Question to Laurent : " about stability of forward drive recumbent bike, uphill is it difficult to hold course ... or shall I have to force on my arms to compensate the pedal induced effort..."

Answer from Laurent "No, I climb uphill hands in my pockets. Look at my blog ...you've got to find the right mix between trail and trail angle and the angle between pedal induced effort and steering pivot tube and the location of the driver compared to that tube... a little tedious to explain on writing... If you keep trail angle between 55 and 60°, trail around 10centimetres and seating as near as possible of steering pivot tube (or on), and last, seating at same height as bottom bracket... you get a stable kind of thing with interaction between the pedaling induced effort and the diretion held to a minimum so it never becomes a fuss.
Voilà, you've got the whole theorical of my war treasure ..."

About " Laurent's  Holy Trail Quest. Minus or plus ? ".
His blog <http://les-velos-de-laurent.skynetblogs.be/>
Pilgrimage is a must  !

Picture of Laurent's latest production at < http:// velorizontal.bbfr.net/ftopic1141-10.Le-dernier-Dechenne-Ai-Racer.htm >

Cheers,