[python] Re: Some News - Big props! (FW MI?)

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 16:45:38 +0200

Hello Stefan and Welcome to the list,

for sure I did not invent the python. I just realized its possibilities,
gave the beast a name and published the stuff via internet - that's all.

As Gabriel uses to pass by the shop with his python after work, he will surely let you try to testride it.

Concerning the theories of Bill Patterson, I just know that he has some software to calculate the control spring values.

Though I would not totally agree with the sentence "Such a bike, has a control spring plot that is upside down. It has a nice controllable ride up to 20 km/hr and then exhibits a positive control spring".

Bill does this value of 20 kph refer to a python that is coasting downhill or to one that is driven on the flat? On the flat e.g. Gabriel is speeding up to 50 kph without loosing control. I am not that strong rider, but also can make my 45 kph without suffering a heart attack.

In my practical experience the speed where the control spring gets overpowered by the antitrail effect is around 50 kph while coasting and much higher (nobody could reach that speed so far) while pedalling.