[python] Sim of Dennis Renner's FWD-RWS

  • From: Henry Thomas <me@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 00:43:00 +1000

Hi All,

Long time since I have posted, but I do read with interest all the Python developments.

Like some of you, I was somewhat mystified by the video of Dennis Renner's new FWD RWS recumbent. So without any real specs to go on other than the 17 degree pivot I decided to create a simulation. At first I had no luck at all, and it just crashed and was completely unstable, and I was really starting to think that it was impossible, but perseverance has paid off, and I now have a working simulation of his FWD RWS bike. What I can report is that the Centre of Gravity needs to be biased towards the front with about 60-70% of the riders weight over the front wheel. The pivot is also more stable, the closer the intersection point is to the middle.

I imagine that you would probably need to sit more upright to balance this bike, 30-40 degree seat angle rather than 20.

Kind Regards,

-h

PNG image