[python] Re: Position of seat

  • From: "dirk@xxxxxxxxxx" <dirk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 16:13:38 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Peter,

i think it was laurent duchenne(?) who first mastered a fwd/rws bike, which was
actually rideable. Please google this list for fwdrws concepts and feedback on
this design. In short, it seems to be very difficult, although i personally have
not tried it yet.
The advantage of the "standard" python design is that the front part is in
control by your feet and the rear is under control by you back. This works in
such a good way - given some practise and a good bike layout - that one can ride
handsfree. If you "attach" your body completely to the front part, you need to
steer the rear end somehow. Also, if you brake, you might loose some much needed
traction there.

Also, please check out : http://en.openbike.org/wiki/RearWheelSteeringConcepts

greetings,
DirkS