[python] Re: Japan

  • From: "Jurgen Mages" <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 23:30:43 +0100

Hello telaviv,

However, to my regret, my welding skill is not good enough to keep complete
horizontality between the two plates contacting the bearing unit.

I made it like this:

First assemble the pivot with shell and bearings.
Then place the two loose fork plates and clamp them with the nut and bolt
that goes through the pivot.
Now the two fork plates are perfectly coplanar and have the correct
distance.
Then fit the 40x40 between them and fill the gaps with material.
Finally weld everything together.

See the attached picture of the P4 pivot (car wheel bearings).
I apologize for the welding beads ;-)

By the way, do you know what kind of steel is used for the frame of
ZOXBIKES, my favorite German recumbent bike. I am deeply interested in what
materials are used for ZOXBIKES frames.

It is the same material: mild steel 40x40x1.5 mm

I know Sergio Gomez, the designer of ZOX bikes, very well. We live in the same
town and we worked together in the same workshop for several years.

Cheers,
Jurgen.