[python] Re: Canvas Python seat

  • From: Thomas Jahn <tpj@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 08:55:34 +0100

Hey Gideon,
I have used an old camping chair, both frame and canvas for my python. I did not do it well. Looks really crappy. I figured out, doing it in a proper way would be rather labour intensive. In particular the mounting.
For my son's python I followed this link:
http://hebike.borec.cz/sedlo.htm
It is very easy to build, light!! and also gives you a lot of possibilities for mounting.
You may want to consider this alternative.

cheers
Thomas

From: Gideon Kahl <gideon.kahl@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [python] Canvas Python seat
To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, November 18, 2008, 12:02 AM

Hi Python Enthusiasts

When I built my bicycle trailer I used only what I already had. This lead to different approaches than what I had planned initially, but the result is very pleasing. I think doing things with what you have forces you to think creatively.

So, what does this have to do with the Python? Well, I have canvas (a very tough material used to make safari tents) and I want to use it for the seat. The idea is to build a metal frame and to "stretch" the canvas over it - almost like a rigid hammock.

Has anybody done something like this before? I only see "solid" seats in the Python gallery (plywood, etc). If anybody has done it, I would like to see some photos of how you did it. Any other advice regarding building the seat will be appreciated.

Regards
Gideon Kahl