[python] Re: AW: Re: Python waterbike? / Hydra Foil Python.

  • From: pybuen@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 23:08:01 +0800 (WST)

Hi Vi,

The Hydrofoil motorbike already exists:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wObflyTPLvM&playnext=1&list=PL729F9C5AE2D4C44E

It seems to be using the same balancing principle as a bike to turn - another confirmation that gyroscopic effects are unimportant...

You'd have to go pretty fast (or burn many calories) to make a waterpython version of this indeed... I look forward to it ;)

Pascal

On Fri, 5 Aug 2011, Gerald wrote:

Hi Vi,
nice picture, may be possible with the python too. The question is, if weight
so high above the driver would not make the python unrideable.

But maybe it is possible to put hydro foils on the python. One pair right and
left off the front wheel, an other pair left and right off the rear wheel.
Maybe the foils could be made to fold away for land usage.

But wait - if you can't put enough power to the bike or stop peadaling you will
sink fast - very fast.
Getting startet will be difficult too.

Gerald