[python] AW: Coaster Hub

  • From: "Thorsten Borm" <t.borm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 08:53:04 +0200

I use a 7-gear-hub from SRAM at my 20" Python without problems. My
maximum speed is 26 km/h yet. Therefore I reached only the 5. gear.
Today the experience is 230 km. After 150 km I decided to use no gloves
because of more safety feeling. But there always were some "crazy
zig-zags" as someone wrote at the mailing list before. Everyone can
imagine what has to happen: A terrible crash at 25 km/h because the
bikepath was to narrow. Now my favourite speed is 16 - 20 km/h. It seems
that it helps to rest the hands at the handlebars to drive a more
straight line at higher speeds. But at the beginning it was impossible
to steer the bike with feet and hands at the same time.

With best regards
Thorsten